The Ramp Agent Supervisor is responsible for providing guidance and direction to the Ramp Agents as well as playing a vital role in the overall customer experience by making sure that our travelers’ luggage arrives to their destination in a safe and efficient manner.
Description for Ramp Agent Supervisor:
- Delegate and monitor work assignments. Provide timely constructive feedback regarding work performance, attendance, punctuality and demonstration of the company’s values.
- Communicate issues of non-performing employees to management.
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 50 lbs. of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Operate motorized equipment.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education/Experience for Ramp Agent Supervisor:
Preferred Knowledge / Ability for Ramp Agent Supervisor:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a related discipline or;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
- Prior Airline service experience a plus
- Ability to work safely in outdoor weather conditions
- Excellent customer service skills with airline customer
- Basic computer skills needed for pre-test, initial training and recurring training.
- People-oriented and highly motivated
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members and supervisors
- Reading, writing, math and communication skills
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, weekdays, overtime, holidays and split-shift as needed
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Fluent in English language
- Physical requirements: vision, hearing, twisting, lifting up to 70 lbs, kneeling, carrying, walking, pushing/pulling, climbing, bending
- Ability to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Ability to obtain and maintain a SIDA badge (fingerprinting)
$15.00 per hour starting pay