The working supervisor is responsible for providing guidance and direction to Customer Service Agents as well as demonstrating outstanding customer service by issuing tickets and checking bags at the Ticket Counter, by being available at the gate for assistance pre-flight, and working in the Baggage Service Office. The supervisor is in constant contact with passengers and must possess exemplary customer service skills.
- Delegate and monitor work assignments. Provide timely constructive feedback regarding work performance, attendance, punctuality and demonstration of the company’s values. Communicate issues of non-performing employees to management.
- Greet and aid passengers. Provide information on specific airline security and baggage requirements. Enforce carrier polices in a professional and courteous manner.
- Process boarding pass and ticket sales via computerized system and verify identity of each passenger.
- Accept luggage and charge the correct fee per the air carrier policy. Up-sell first class and charge for assigned seating requests per carrier policy.
- Utilize computerize check in programs and follow air carrier, company, federal and other policy rules as provided.
- Assist passengers with deplaning to include wheelchair and unaccompanied minors.
- Board aircraft and assist any special needs passengers; verify ID and boarding passes per air carrier policy.
- Perform closing flight duties including reconciling cash and credit card transactions and general station close down procedures.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle customer complaints following company and airline policies & procedures
- Ability to operate several computer programs
- Strong reading, writing, math and communication skills
- Prior Airline customer service experience a plus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required Airports and Custom badges/seals;
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching and frequent kneeling.
- Must attend a 2 week training in Ft. Lauderdale, FL if not previously completed
- Must have the ability to lift luggage short distances onto baggage belts.
- Must be a US citizen or hold requisite employment authority to work in the US
Starting pay: $16.00 per hour